Top 3 Recommendations:
- Install smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to save lives!
- Practise fire drills with your whole family.
- Only shut off fuel oil or propane or natural gas if you smell them.
This section of the workbook will:
- Provide a Home Hazard Hunt (risk assessment) to help you determine what needs to be done to make your home safer in an emergency.
- Explain how you can help ensure that your home is structurally sound.
- Teach you how and when to shut off any utilities.
- Outline the basic steps of fire prevention.
Listen to local radio to get timely information updates during an emergency/disaster ALL ARE ON THE FM
BAND: CBC Radio One 88.3; CBC Radio Two 101.7; CKPR 91.5; Rock 94.3; Magic 99.9; The Thunder 103.5; The
Giant 105.3; Francais (French) 89.3.
Topics in this section: