Shuniah Fire & Emergency Services respects the privacy of its web site visitors. Our goal is to protect your information on the Internet in the same way we protect it in all the other ways we interact with you — in our office; through mail correspondence; and on the phone. Staff adhere to strict policies that protect the confidentiality of any personally identifiable information such as names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
Specifics of how The Shuniah Fire & Emergency Services gathers and uses Internet information are outlined below. If there are any questions or concerns not addressed here, please contact our office.
- Access to the Shuniah Fire & Emergency Services web site, and use of many of its services features typically do not require providing any personal information whatsoever.
- “Cookie” technology captures summary – not individual – information on visitor use patterns. This is computer code that tracks “traffic” so we can determine how effective a given page is in meeting informational or service needs. Apart from providing a performance measure for the web site, the data is otherwise meaningless.
- A cookie contains no information that personally identifies visitors to the web site and is strictly geared to providing internal performance data. The Shuniah Fire & Emergency Services knows nothing of an Internet visitors browsing path once he or she has left shuniahfire.com.
- The only personally identifying information arising from your use of the Shuniah Fire & Emergency Services web site is what you supply to us on a voluntary basis. For example, this could be in connection with submitting comments, suggestions or questions through e-mail.
- Shuniah Fire & Emergency Services will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose to third parties the personal information you provide.