NoticeThis page is currently in development and should be completed soon. In the meantime, the Emergency Readiness Workbook is available for download.
Every municipality, regardless of size and location, can be seriously disrupted by an emergency. This could take the form of a plane crash, severe storm, flood, fire, chemical spill or similar disaster.
All capable adults are responsible to be prepared for unforeseen emergencies. While nobody can predict an emergency, it is important to plan for a variety of possibilities. Your personal plan can make a significant difference to you and your family’s well-being. Emergencies can and do occur without warning. Think now about getting prepared. Take the Emergency Readiness Challenge to see how prepared you and your family are.
After completing the challenge, get prepared using the 26 weeks to Emergency Readiness Guide. Refer to the below sections to find out how to best prepare and respond in an emergency/disaster.
- Do you know your emergency storm warnings?
- Emergency Readiness for You and Your Family
- Emergency Comfort Kits (Grab ‘n Go, Car Kits)
- Contact Numbers to Use In Case of Emergency (ICE)
- Developing a Reunion Plan
- Develop a Family Emergency Plan
- Considerations for Special Needs
- Emergency Water Supplies
- Emergency Food Supplies
- First Aid Supplies
- Home Emergency Supplies
- Your Pets Are Counting on You
- Emergency Planning for Farm Animals
- Emergency Readiness for Your Home
- Responding Safely During Emergencies
- Recovery (Moving Forward)
- Getting Back on Track
- Health and Safety Guidelines
- Returning Home
- Emotional Responses to Emergencies
- Helping Children Cope with Their Fears
- Helping Pets Cope with Their Fears
- Recovery Resources
- Personal Document Tool
- Emergency Contact Person Cards
- Important Individual and Family Information
- Our Escape Route Plan
- Pets and Farm Animals – Important Telephone Numbers
- Emergency Services Reception Centres
- Information Resources
- Local Community Emergency Services
- Emergency Contact Person Cards (To Be Filled Out)
- Personal Notes
- Family Reunion Cards (To Be Filled Out)
- Personal Notes
- Phone Numbers and Internet Links