- Always take the time to check for hazards around you or where you are trying to move to before taking action.
- To extinguish fire on your clothing, Stop, drop and roll.
- Close doors when exiting a building during an emergency.
- Stay Calm so you can think clearly.
This section of the workbook will outline:
- Ways to prevent injury and stay safe.
- What to do for specific hazards.
- Where to seek shelter from all types of hazards.
- What you should do after an emergency or disaster.
Listen to local radio to get timely information updates during an emergency/disaster ALL ARE ON THE FM BAND: CBC Radio One 88.3; CBC Radio Two 101.7; CKPR 91.5; Rock 94.3; Magic 99.9; The Thunder 103.5; The Giant 105.3; Français (French) 89.3.
Topics in this section: