Are You Prepared for Winter Storms, Blackouts, Flooding and Forest Fires?
Answer YES or NO to the following questions:
- Do your family members know how to keep themselves safe in a disaster?
- Do you have a Grab ‘n Go kit for each member of your family?
- Does your family have a REUNION PLAN in case you are separated during a disaster?
- Do you know what plans your children’s or grandchildren’s schools have developed for protection during disasters?
- Do you have at least 7 days of drinking water (7 gallons or 31.5 litres per person) safely stored for your family?
- Have you collected and stored emergency supplies to provide for your family for an extended period of time?
- Have you conducted a Home Hazard Hunt?
- Do you have the means to prepare meals if the power is out for an extended period of time?
- Does each member of your family know how to turn off home utilities such as water, gas and electricity?
- In a sudden power outage, could you quickly locate a flashlight or have you purchased home power failure lights?
- Do you have a basic First Aid Kit?
- Do you know where your local Emergency Reception Centres are located?
- Have you determined how you will signal for assistance, if a disaster strikes?
- Is your workplace prepared in the event of a major disaster?
How Did You Do?
- 14 out of 14 yes answers – Congratulations!
- 10 – 13 yes answers – A little more work to do here.
- 7 – 9 yes answers – You are halfway there.
- 4 – 6 yes answers – This weekend would be a good time to continue preparing.
- 0 – 3 yes answers – Please get started now!
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, now is the time to act…