Are You Prepared for Winter Storms, Blackouts, Flooding and Forest Fires?
Answer YES or NO to the following questions:
- Do your family members know how to keep themselves safe in a disaster?
- Do you have a Grab ‘n Go kit for each member of your family?
- Does your family have a REUNION PLAN in case you are separated during a disaster?
- Do you know what plans your children’s or grandchildren’s schools have developed for protection during disasters?
- Do you have at least 7 days of drinking water (7 gallons or 31.5 litres per person) safely stored for your family?
- Have you collected and stored emergency supplies to provide for your family for an extended period of time?
- Have you conducted a Home Hazard Hunt?
- Do you have the means to prepare meals if the power is out for an extended period of time?
- Does each member of your family know how to turn off home utilities such as water, gas and electricity?
- In a sudden power outage, could you quickly locate a flashlight or have you purchased home power failure lights?
- Do you have a basic First Aid Kit?
- Do you know where your local Emergency Reception Centres are located?
- Have you determined how you will signal for assistance, if a disaster strikes?
- Is your workplace prepared in the event of a major disaster?
How Did You Do?
- 14 out of 14 yes answers – Congratulations!
- 10 – 13 yes answers – A little more work to do here.
- 7 – 9 yes answers – You are halfway there.
- 4 – 6 yes answers – This weekend would be a good time to continue preparing.
- 0 – 3 yes answers – Please get started now!
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, now is the time to act…
Important!DISASTERS HAPPEN! Don’t wait until it is too late!
For more information, please contact us at 807-983-2021